2011 SDCC: Hasbro: Marvel Panel
: Jay Cochran on 2011-07-23
The marketing and design teams for this year's Thor, Captain-America: The First Avenger, Spider-Man and Marvel Universe lines present all the latest toys. Also, get a sneak peek into the 2012 lines! Includes Q&A time.
We are bringing you live coverage of this panel as it happens so be sure to refresh your browser often over the course of the next hour.
- Team is introduced and going over the SDCC exclusives.
- The Avengers is coming in 2012. Iron Man Mark 7, Captain America and Thor in one of his new looks. There is also a new Amazing Spder-Man for the Sony movie.
- Marvel Universe had a strong year. They thank you for the support.
- Ultimate Spider Man in Wave 1 for 2012. Also Beast with articulated toes, Hulk, Beta Bill and Kraven. Wave 2 Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man ( different versions including the white one from Fantastic Four and Paper Bag Spidey, Punisher (New Sculpt) & She-Hulk, Kang. Other Peaks include Nova, Hercules, Nighthawk, Puck, Jubliee, Angel, and a Masterworks of Fing Fang Foom.
- More were announced and will have pics in a few Mins
- Marvel Legends new packaging designed by Ed McGuinnes. Commander Rogers has a electric Shield Variant and Iron Man has Stealth variant. Ghost Rider Variant will be yellow and orange for wave 1.Mainline characters like Iron Man & Thor in wave one will not have BAF pieces so collectors who don't want to buy these characters again will not need to in order to complete their BAF.
- Wave 2 Bucky Cap, Wrecking Crew (Running Changes will include Thunderball to Piledriver), so throughout the course of the year different team members will be released), Daken (Logan's Son in Dark Avengers costume and a removable cowl)
, Madame Mask/Madame Hydra, Drax, Big Time Spider-Man (Black & Green) Anckle Rockers and a re-desinged hips on a horzontial axis.
-Wave 2 BAF is Armin Zola.
- The figures that have the running variants characters will come with different pieces that allows you to make a Red Skull figure Variant BAF.
- Hasbro Toy Shop can only do cases.
- SRP on Marvel Legends is $14.99.
- Pictures added.
- More Gigantic Battles figures are coming. Modok was hinted as being one.
- Wave 1 of Marvel Legends is due out by January 2012. Wave 2 release date has not been set yet. The more you buy the more they make.
- Dave Vonner would love to make a large scale Red Ronin figure. Vonner also said we will see a Peter Parker figure in the 3.75" scale as well as someone else who wears a suit.
- Vonner would also love to do a Death Heads figure. No plans now but hopefully one day.
- No limit within reason on the BAF height Limit. Terrax should be about 8" and Modok aprox 6.5"..
- Vonner hints that the Comic-Con Exclusive Deco Sentinel (Very good chance it will happen) will show up at retail.
- Some figures might be revisited that didn't turn out to good the first time for Marvel Legends.
- Jesse Falcon from Marvel who was in the audience was applauded and thanked for helping get ML back.
- When they designed these swapable Marvel Legends figures so there should be enough to go around for everyone.
Check back to MN as we will be uploading video from the panel later an if Hasbro puts new product out in the booth we will be adding images of those.
MORE Marvel NEWS & UPDATES