Get ready to brush up your web-shooting skills as The Amazing Spider-Man video game from Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc., and Marvel Entertainment, is available digitally today in North America, and will be available in Europe on September 26th. As the official epilogue story to this summer's feature film and marking Spidey's return to a free-roaming Manhattan, The Amazing Spider-Man video game is now available for 4800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, $59.99 on the PlayStation Store for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, and $49.99 on Steam, including complete integration with Steam achievements. A Nintendo 3DS demo is also now available in the Nintendo eShop.
Additionally, fan-favorite downloadable content (DLC) for The Amazing Spider-Man video game launches for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Steam today, and includes the Rhino Challenge Pack, Oscorp Search & Destroy Pack, the all-new Lizard Rampage Pack and the highly requested Stan Lee Adventure Pack, where fans will be able to play as the comic legend himself.
Full details on each DLC pack for The Amazing Spider-Man video game below:
- Rhino Challenge Pack — Take control of the massive, genetically engineered villain Rhino and rampage around Manhattan in an exclusive gameplay challenge of pure destruction! As Rhino, players will be able to unleash his formidable powers to destroy anything and everything in his path in a timed event full of speed, combo streaks, and of course, a ton of things to break! Downloadable on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 for 240 Microsoft Points, from the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3 system and on Steam for $2.99. Available in North America and Europe.
- Oscorp Search & Destroy Pack — In The Amazing Spider-Man video game, Spider-Man has his own smartphone to help navigate around Manhattan, locate missions and challenges and fight crime. With this pack, Spider-Man's smartphone will feature two mini-games inspired by classic arcade fun. Downloadable on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 for 240 Microsoft Points, from the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3 system and on Steam for $2.99. Available in North America and Europe.
- Lizard Rampage Pack — The notorious Lizard is on the loose again in Manhattan! Take on the role of Dr. Connors' terrifying alter ego in a race against time. Go berserk through the streets using his devastating stomp attack and tail swipe to defeat Oscorp guards and earn mega points. Use his boost jump to bound great distances over the city. Destroy blast towers to buy yourself more time and delay Oscorp from releasing their cross-species containment blast across the city! This pack also includes the exclusive Vigilante Spider-Man Suit from the feature film, the suit Peter Parker dons to fight crime before developing his famous costume. Downloadable on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 for 320 Microsoft Points, from the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3 system and on Steam for $3.99. Available in North America today and will be available later in the year in Europe.
- Stan Lee Adventure Pack — For the first time ever, fans will be able to play as…STAN…(wait for it)…LEE himself in The Amazing Spider-Man video game. Players take on the role of Stan "The Man" Lee in his own special mission across Manhattan, borrowing abilities from his old pal Spider-Man as they collect pages of his latest script in a spectacular race around Manhattan. Stan's mission is punctuated with his witty banter that fans have come to know and love, and a special surprise waits for them at the end of the mission — after all, this year is Spider-Man's 50th anniversary! Downloadable on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 for 320 Microsoft Points, from the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3 system and on Steam for $3.99. Available in North America and Europe.
- The Amazing Spider-Man Bundle Pack — Finally, for the ultimate Spider-Man fan, all four content packs can be purchased together, available through the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3 system and on Steam for $9.99. Available in North America today, and available in Europe later this year.
Go beyond Sony Picture Entertainment's Columbia Pictures' feature film and find out what happens next in The Amazing Spider-Man video game. An original story crafted by Hollywood writer Seamus Kevin Fahey (Spartacus: Vengeance, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, Battlestar Galactica) that picks up immediately after the events of the movie, The Amazing Spider-Man video game delivers a brand-new, immersive and cinematic adventure allowing fans to truly harness the power of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Players will experience numerous choices in navigation and combat with the game's innovative Web Rush gameplay mechanic, pushing Spider-Man's abilities to the limit against classic Marvel villains that are re-imagined exclusively for the game, such as Scorpion, Felicia Hardy, Rhino, Iguana and more.
Developed by Beenox for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, Wii system from Nintendo, Nintendo 3DS and Windows PC, The Amazing Spider-Man is rated "T" (Teen — content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older) by the ESRB. The Nintendo 3DS edition features several unique mini-games that use its touch-screen abilities, including the exclusive Vigilante Mode using StreetPass. The Nintendo DS version of the game was created by developer Other Ocean, is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older — content that may be suitable for ages 10 and older) by the ESRB, and follows the same storyline in an entirely different platforming adventure.