This weeks Marvelous Custom was done by Fireflamespit
who created a custom Superior Venom figure. Here is how he describes making it:
I've first seen Superior Venom when Jay Cochran posted some artwork previews of Superior Spider-man #25. I'm not too sure about the issue number but anyway. Shortly after, I started seeing customs done by Glenn Webb and Craig Warrack on the mentioned character. Their work was truly inspirational as it gave me that final push to decide and start my custom on Superior Venom.
Here's a breakdown of the custom:
- I've used a Revoltech Zetman figure as the base because of his slim proportions. I had to beef up some parts of his major muscle groups by shaving off and sculpting over certain areas.
- The original face was shaved-off and a full sculpt was done to achieve the facial features of the character. The teeth, eye lids, jaw line, and every wrinkle.
- The tentacles were from set of repurposed, re-sculpted McFarlane Ms. Muffet spider. It didn't have any joints so I used Revoltech Joints.
- The bracers were also sculpted.
- A black base-coat was applied.
- Dry brush of dark blue to accentuate the details.
- Webbing on the head and upper torso is a ix of white, dark blue, gray and black.
- Alternate closed-fist hands
- Sculpted shoulder blade covers for the holes that accommodate the removable upper tentacles.
- Tentacles are fully configurable, they can be shortened or lengthened.
- Sculpt does not interfere with range of motion and articulation.
- Original base figure has an extremely good range of motion and articulation.
You can also check out a high-definition video review of Superior Venom on YouTube."
Check out the image(s) of his customs below in our GALLERY
if you would like to submit your own Marvelous Custom figure(s) to be displayed on MarvelousNews.com, and be sure to check out our Custom Forum
section, where you can discuss and show off your work among other customizers.