Steven Yeun Drops Out Of Marvel Studios' Thunderbolts Film

Steven Yeun Drops Out Of Marvel Studios' Thunderbolts Film


Outsiders - January 02, 2024
It has been confirmed by Deadline that Steven Yeun will no longer be part of Marvel Studios' Thunderbolts film. This decision was made due to scheduling conflicts that arose after the production was delayed as a result of the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes.





Comments...

Last 10 comments - ( Read All Posts )
Lord_Scareglow - 2024-01-07 @ 1:37 am

this topic is moving into negative directions, let's not get into the whole "he wasn't right for the part, for so and so reasons" in fact, best to just move on from all this really, he will not be playing the role, talk about that, not why you think he would be wrong for it, let's not get into the whole race swapping thing, keep it civil.

AndyL - 2024-01-06 @ 8:40 pm

Lol. I just saw the promo art of Steven as Sentry. It's freaking hilarious. They were actually going to dye his hair blonde. They were literally going to try to make him look like someone he looks nothing like. I think the the thought was that they were going to go with a completely new look as it has been pretty much decided Sentry is more of an entity that can use anyone as an Avatar. Now I'm excited to see who they recast and try to blonde up next.

Outsiders - 2024-01-05 @ 8:23 pm

During the grand opening of the Louis Vuitton pop-up in West Hollywood, Steven Yeun shared his thoughts on leaving Marvel's "Thunderbolts." In a conversation with Variety's Marc Malkin, he mentioned the SAG-AFTRA strike from last year as one of the factors that influenced his choice to step away from the upcoming antihero movie.

Quote

I think for me, time passing and things shifting kind of pulled me out of it, Yeun explained. But Jake [Schreier], I know, is going to do an incredible job. I wanna do a Marvel movie, he added.

When asked about his future Marvel movie preferences, Yeun responded, I think its too early to say that. I probably pissed off too many people leaving, so Im just gonna say, Thank you for having me.'

leokearon - 2024-01-04 @ 5:30 pm
On 1/4/2024 at 1:49 PM, AndyL said:

Well there you go. I read a report this morning where Yuen said the end of the Writer's Strike opened up some opportunities which then created a schedule conflict. Still I think that means that he had to chose another project over this one which was at the time the only project he had on deck. He still maintains he wants to work with Marvel but I guess just not this one.

Bad sign indeed.

I wouldn't be surprised if more movies have similar problems given the end of the strikes. I think I heard reports of Studios planning to trade actors to get films finished.

AndyL - 2024-01-04 @ 1:49 pm

Well there you go. I read a report this morning where Yuen said the end of the Writer's Strike opened up some opportunities which then created a schedule conflict. Still I think that means that he had to chose another project over this one which was at the time the only project he had on deck. He still maintains he wants to work with Marvel but I guess just not this one.

Bad sign indeed.

watanabefan - 2024-01-04 @ 5:32 am
On 1/3/2024 at 2:27 PM, AndyL said:

You misunderstand me. I didn't mean to say he's got nothing going on in general or some low level talent. As a matter of fact I think he's coming into the biggest surge in his career post TWD. What I meant is everything on his slate is either near release or in post-production. I think the only thing he even tentatively has on the slate for the moment besides this project was Invincible Season 3. Now that the Writer's strike is over he'll probably have more options but I was just insinuating that there didn't seem to be any conflicting issues affecting this decision other than he just decided to not want to be involved in the project. There was a time when most anyone in Hollywood would have killed to be involved with an MCU project at any level.

Bad sign indeed.

Ah, I see. Gotcha.

Lord_Scareglow - 2024-01-04 @ 4:06 am

spacer.png

okay first off, let's keep this topic civil, don't want to see it going into negative places.

and well that is a turn of events, surprised to see someone leave a marvel film, but hey if Steven sees that's not the direction for him, well he made the choice, and now they can move on to recast, Steven just not being a part isn't going to stop this movie from materializing

AndyL - 2024-01-03 @ 8:27 pm
On 1/3/2024 at 11:01 AM, watanabefan said:

I'm not really sure how he doesn't have a lot going on. He arguably got the gig in the first place because he just starred in a highly acclaimed Netflix series earlier this year and got an Oscar nomination 2021, and the next movie he's in is Bong Joon-Ho's first film since the Oscar-winning Parasite. He's not somebody whose career was in a rut and desperately needed Marvel.

But yes, one of your lead actors bailing is not a good sign. I'm already not very interested in this one since it seems like they chose the most boring lineup possible for a Thunderbolts movie.

You misunderstand me. I didn't mean to say he's got nothing going on in general or some low level talent. As a matter of fact I think he's coming into the biggest surge in his career post TWD. What I meant is everything on his slate is either near release or in post-production. I think the only thing he even tentatively has on the slate for the moment besides this project was Invincible Season 3. Now that the Writer's strike is over he'll probably have more options but I was just insinuating that there didn't seem to be any conflicting issues affecting this decision other than he just decided to not want to be involved in the project. There was a time when most anyone in Hollywood would have killed to be involved with an MCU project at any level.

Bad sign indeed.

watanabefan - 2024-01-03 @ 5:01 pm
On 1/3/2024 at 6:31 AM, AndyL said:

Bad sign when even a guy who doesn't seem to have all that much going on outside some voice work and a few smaller roles decides to bail on your project.

I'm not really sure how he doesn't have a lot going on. He arguably got the gig in the first place because he just starred in a highly acclaimed Netflix series earlier this year and got an Oscar nomination 2021, and the next movie he's in is Bong Joon-Ho's first film since the Oscar-winning Parasite. He's not somebody whose career was in a rut and desperately needed Marvel.

But yes, one of your lead actors bailing is not a good sign. I'm already not very interested in this one since it seems like they chose the most boring lineup possible for a Thunderbolts movie.

since83 - 2024-01-03 @ 2:20 pm

I kinda hope this whole project gets scratched. This Suicide Squad version of T bolts wasn't even the comics best iteration. This is the perfect time (No Avengers team, no FF, no X presence) to do the original story. Other than the fact that they never bothered setting up the Masters of Evil in any way. But Zemos hatred of heroes could lead him to now try to outdo/character assassinate them with his own team. I feel like it could work if given the chance.

Post Your Comment Now! (membership required)


MARVEL SHOPPING ONLINE


advertise here

Search Online Stores for Steven Yeun Drops Ou



Toys Shopping Oniine




More Movies News

Advertise on Marvelous News




This site uses cookies for site configuration, advertising, and analysis. By using this site you accept our policies - Read Full Site Policy OK
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Forums Communities: Toy Fans - Marvel Fans - Transformers Fans

@ToyNewsI Socials: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram

@MarvelousNews Socials: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram

@Tformers Socials: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram

@JediInsider Socials: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE